Good evening or good morning ... depends on when you read this blog. I just had a really good day today. I got up early and did some or most of my Christmas shopping and also took advantage of some good sale for myself. Speaking of Christmas, I just hate it when people use Xmas that really erks me. Its just the Christian thing to do is spell out the word Christ. Enough said. I got home fixed me some lunch, took a nap and then watched a couple of Christmas movies on the Lifetime channel.
But my day went lovely, also so good that you just want to sit back and think about it with a good cigarette. You know I use to spoke before my heart attack. I wasn't a heavy smoker it was about a 1/2 a pack a day habit, so relatively easy to kick for health reasons. But I do still miss it. If you aren't a smoker than you wouldn't understand. The feeling after a meal, with a good cup of coffee or after a having ... well you know. Or that was back in my younger days now its called a roll over. Ha Ha! I miss a cigarette when stressful times come up, like during my drive home or when I get upset with family members. It seemed (or did I just believe) it calmed me down, mellowed me out so to speak. Now I just take a walk to get away from the upset feelings and chew gum on my drive home and remember shout too ... it helps me anyway.
You know after my cardiac surgery my doctor was more concerned that I had stopped smoking than he was with me losing the weight. I found that interesting. Smoking is so bad for all parts of your body and I hope folks will realize that it only contributes to bad health.
10 more shopping days before Christmas... so get busy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment