Good evening good folks, its the end of another week. This end is especially nice because it comes just as my vacation begins. I will be off the next five days just in time for the Christmas holiday. This weekend should finish me up for the present shopping and I can start the wrapping. We had our company Holiday party this week, we all had to bring in a covered dish. It was good, I tried to stay away from the heavier desserts and casseroles. It sure isn't easy this time of year to watch what we eat and get in that extra exercise. I know with every ones schedule it might be dinner on the run and no "ME" time. That is the most important thing, ME time, to reflect on the season and what it means to you and the family.
I lost a very dear cousin a month ago and I know that my uncle and the sisters of this young man are are really hurting this year. We are a very close net family and losing just one is devastating. Kevin had been down on his luck for the past several years and I guess took it to another level in taking his own life. He shall be greatly missed. If we had only known how much he was hurting we could have been there for him with a call, card, a visit. It only takes a minute to reach out and show compassion or a kind word, you never know when that just might be what it takes to bring someone back from that dark hole they feel they are in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment