Tuesday, December 23, 2008

It's almost that time again

Well all the presents are wrapped and under the tree, the baking is done and I'm off to bed. But before I go I must just reflect on Christmas past. My dad has been dead now almost 21 years but I still miss him so much around this time of year. My family is going through some hard time right now and I feel that if only dad was here he would make it all better. Perhaps it is the little girl in me that always wanted Daddy to come in and make it so. But as we grow up we have to learn to solve our own problems and work out our own issues, because we have become the daddy's and mom's that our kids look up to.
I face another challenge this week, my oldest child, my son, my boy is moving out on his own. I have been doing fine until today and it has really hit me hard. I sure am going to miss him, he always knows how to cheer me up and make me laugh. I know its his time being 20 he thinks he is a big man now but it still hurts to think he is actually growing up and moving away. I will be okay I guess in time 'cause its just something I have to learn to live with. I'm proud that is able and is mature enough to take on this responsibility(or so he thinks) I guess in the long run it is a reflection on his dad and myself. I am proud of both my kids they are very strong and independent young people. I think I did good.
I sit here crying like a baby, knowing that in the morning my eyes will be so puffy and swollen but nothing a little makeup won't cure. Good night and Merry Christmas Eve to everyone!

No comments: