Why is it that we spend half if not all year waiting for this day? Is it the presents we wait for, the eating frenzy, the long time off or just seeing the pretty lights and being all festive and friendly. I'm not sure myself but it seems that in an instant its all over with. The presents are ripped through, the bellies are full(then the left overs are to be eaten), the days off fly by because you stay so busy with "stuff" that has to be done before 12/24 and the lights are all snuffed out like they never were lite and forget the friendlies everyone is back to grumpy again.
But alas we start another year fresh with high hopes and thoughtful ways. You have to ask yourself did you accomplish what you started out hoping for in 2008. I know I personally didn't but then I can't imagine very many people who did. I think sometimes if we accomplish what we start out with we have to maintain it and is that realistic either. I have several goals for 2009 but don't want to say them out loud or for that matter write them down. Would I have to be more accountable if I did, perhaps but in my own mind I'll keep them to myself. For then if I fail then it is myself that will be disappointed not for everyone to know.
The real reason is or should be is Jesus and his birth. Let us not forget this is his day and not so much for the jolly old man in a red suit. I am thankful for each and every day that I have friends and family that are so near and dear to me. Good night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment